Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Worth 1000 words

Have you ever taken a picture and it's not only a picture to remember but it captures your family SO perfectly you can't even put it into words? I have been trying to take a lot of pictures while we are here at my in-laws. Since we are here in the summer there are lots of things to do and Viv is changing everyday, so I have been a little camera crazy. Well yesterday while we were in the pool (I say we I really mean the kids!) I wanted to grab a picture. It was the first time Viv had been in her suit (that I searched long and hard to find) and it was just generally a great day out. So I got all 3 kids in the pool, said "LOOK AT MOMMY!!!!!!" and quickly snapped a picture. After I sent it to a few people, I got to looking at it. It's just perfect! Dalton is smiling and being happy which has been his mood since we got here, for the most part. He loves being outside and being able to run. But he especially loves his papa! He and papa are 2 peas in a pod. A couple of country boys out having fun. While we have been here papa has taught him how to pee on a tree, talk to the cows (cause he speaks cow you know?!), clean the gutters, check out the wild turkey, and learn how NOT to blow out your fuse. The list is honestly endless. They are so much fun to watch. As I type they are holding hands crossing the street to check the mail. Such a neat relationship. Back to the picture, Spencer is being his regular ornery self. He is a middle child to the core. He marches to the beat of his own drum and rarely notices he isn't marching with the others. In the picture he is pouring water over his sister's head and his face says it all! One of his favorite tricks is pushing people's buttons. And he not only loves doing it but he is pretty good at it! Oh how I love that little guy! And Viv? Well she has a shocked look on her face. Like she was not expecting the water. Her look is a mixture of excitement and surprise, perfectly combine into her sweet chubby face. A face that is growing so quickly I hardly recognize her some days. With 4 teeth and 2 gorgeous blue eyes she is a spoiled princess through and through, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

As I sit here and think about that picture, I realize how quickly time is passing and how my kids are growing right before my eyes. Dalt will be 4 in August and Spencer will be 3 in October. Preschool is calling to them and I know that our time together is short. The picture not only is a fun picture of our adventures here at grandma and grandpas but it's a bittersweet reminder of how time flys when you are having fun.
My beautiful Baker bunch. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Awww what a sweet post you wrote! It will be fun to look back on this in a couple years too :)

    ReplyDelete