Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Like most Americans I love the 4th of July. We have many members of my family either retired or are active military. So the 4th is extra special to our family and a great time to get together with family. This 4th was even more special as we are living with Jason's parents. We had all his brothers and sisters over and made ribs and shot off fireworks. What a fun time for the kids. Oh who am I kidding?! It was a fun time for us all. As a kid we really didn't do fireworks at home. It just was me and my parents were older so they weren't up for late nights and loud noises. The craziest we ever got were sparklers and an occasional snake, the kind you light and it grows and leaves huge black mark on your drive way. So it was an extra special treat to marry someone who was open and excited to blow things up. This year while everyone was here we got a lot of fireworks, waited until dusk and then had a BLAST, literally!

Here are the boys getting ready for the boom!



And then of course I had to line them all up for the typical "This is my family" picture.


It was all in all a GREAT 4th. Uncle Bob helped the boys shoot off some fireworks and we all enjoyed just being together as a family. I can't wait until next year when the kids are little bigger and they can really get into the sparklers, which they really didn't like this year. I just love these memory making moments that we are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment