Saturday, July 10, 2010

Few more weeks!

This week we celebrated 3 weeks down and 2 to go! I can't believe we have been here 3 weeks. The time has really gone fast. But we are SO ready to be in our new house. We went couch shopping last weekend. As if couch shopping wasn't fun enough we decided to take all 3 kids! In case you don't know, we have 3 young kids, Dalton - Almost 4, Spencer 2 1/2, and Vivian 1. So 3 under 3 going couch shopping is an experience all in itself. Well no luck on the couch hunt but the kids did their best to test the durability of any and all couches we go near. The poor sales associates LOL Oh well it was just one of the adventures in the lives of the Baker family!

This week I also got the opportunity to go see our old house. We got a call that there was a package at Valley Creek for us. So I decided to run over and get it. How surreal to drive into our addition, pull up to the house, and go ring the doorbell. As I was walking up to the door our old neighbor was outside and I stopped to talk to him and pet his dogs. I miss those puppies! The new homeowners are so sweet! They instantly invited me in and I was able to get my first look at "our" house. It wasn't ours anymore. The walls were the same, the paint was the same and the carpet was the same. But yet it was different. It smelled different, the furniture was different and it wasn't "ours" anymore. It was such a bittersweet moment. I knew that the house was being loved and cared for. It was so obvious by all the flowers around, the pictures hung up and the yummy plug in they had going. It was so good to see the house being loved but it was still a little bit odd to walk in there and it didn't feel like home. We are so happy that the Kruegers are taking such good care of a home that we loved so much. And we pray often for them, that they will have a great life at Valley Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment