Thursday, June 24, 2010

No Power

They say 'You learn something new everyday', and yesterday was no exception. For those of you who don't know, my in-laws live in the country. Their house sits on about 2 acres but they own about 20 total. So it's nice and quiet. But if you've ever been to the country you will understand how dark it is! At night it's like walking around with your eyes closed. No city lights, no car lights, no moon (at least not last night). Well last night we had some nasty storms come through. Tornado warning on tv, the sirens going off, the whole 9 yards. Well wouldn't you know the power decided to go out. So here we sit no a/c, no fans, and all the windows closed cause it's raining like the 2nd flood is coming. Even though I grew up in Woodburn I didn't know the first thing about 1 a basment or 2 a well. 1st thing to know about a well, it doesn't work with no power. I DID NOT KNOW THAT! So not only were we hot but we couldn't get a drink, take a shower, or even brush our teeth. My father-in-law had set a side a few gallons of water just in case but we had to save it because we weren't sure how long the power was out. While sitting around talking he reassured me that the longest it's ever been out was 22 hrs. OH THANK YOU I FEEL MUCH BETTER! Thankfuly the power came on around 2am, so we were able to shower and get ready this morning but what a pain in the butt. I'm thinking more and more I'm going to like living in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment