Monday, June 28, 2010

Attitude

Today's blog was originally going to be titled "Day 9 of my imprisionment". But then yesterday our pastor was preaching on attitudes. How we should have good attitudes, do things with the right attitudes, and how great & gracious God is. So I started thinking of my attitude. What did I have a bad attitude about and is there anything that I was doing with the wrong attitude. Well sure enough we come home yesterday and it's 80 degrees in the house, no breeze, and the humidity is SO high you can cut the air with a spoon (as my hubby would say). So what did I do? I complained! I had a bad attitude and I was grumpy. Later God gave me that "I was talking to YOU" feeling. DANG IT! I hate when He does that. I have such a bad attitude some times about things I should be thankful for. We are staying at my in-laws for basically free, they are VERY helpful with the kids, and we have been having such a neat time of renewal in our relationship and here I am complaining about how hot it is, and how I miss my house and anything else that might be bugging me that day. How ungrateful am I? I should be praising God for all His provisions and thankful to my in-laws for taking us in but I don't. So from now on I'm going to TRY to remember to be thankful for all that we have and TRY not to complain about the weather. I can't promise anything cause some times the hormones take over and the heat gets the best of me BUT I'm going to try.

I'll end today on a happy note! Watch this space for pictures of our new house. We are going tomorrow for the inspection and to take some measurements. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment