Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mini Vacation

We haven't decided yet if we are going to take a family vacation this year. I know it's the middle of July.  I know school will start soon and I will be back to work. It's one of those things that is on the list that we mean to do but we just don't.

So I decided to take the kids up to the lake.  My mom's brothers' each have a place on Lake Erie near Port Clinton, OH and they were kind enough to let us borrow their places for a week. My mom, Kellie all 3 kids and I loaded up and drove up there to spend 4 days.  It was a lot of fun in its own way and I think we made a lot of memories.

The Point at Vista Villa. The beach is beautiful and private.

Funny face time waiting for supper

Come take a picture with mommy.

Dalton wanted to take a picture of us. Not bad for 4 years old.

We saw this poster at the mall and Spencer wanted a picture with him. At least he didn't ask to bring it home!!

A really yummy blackberry iced tea from Ruby Tuesday's

Just to prove I was the grill master all week

Dinner Time

This is how we get to the beach

Spencer and his seaweed

We went out to breakfast as the famous PJ's pancake house 

This is how Viv plays on the beach. In the wagon with her kitchen set. Oh and don't forget the snack!

The boys made a new friend Jack.  What a sweet kid to play with them. Even gave them Army men to play with and then told the boys they could have them.

Me and my favorite beach blanket baby

My crew

And no trip to the lake is complete without a trip to Andy's. Andy's is the local ice cream shop. It's literally across the street from where we stay and always a fun time. Oh and the serving sizes are CRAZY!

Good to the LAST drop

Viv & MawMaw

My mom, Viv, Dalton, Spencer & Kellie. I love my life!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Love all the funny faces!!!! 2. Love the pic of you and viv on the beach 3. You look AWESOME in your suit! Go mama! 4. What a great vacation!!!!!

    ReplyDelete